Today we’ve got a 35-minute Pizza for you. That is quite faster than most delivery services, isn’t it?
In 2015, Germans spent about 1.15 billion Euro on frozen pizza. This is an incredible number concerning the popularity of self-made, fresh, regional food is at the moment. At least we got that feeling.
A few years ago, when I didn’t like cooking that much and used my time for playing counter strike, I ate that kind of pizza as well. I prefer the „Ofenfrische“ from Dr.Oetker because of its crust. But I actually don’t know when I had the last one. But I know when Jana had her last pizza. It was end of may with her best friend. Sometimes even we need that. We love making the food all by ourselves but there are these days, when you just wanna eat fast food. Since we found a 35-minute Pizza, we’ll probably not have a TIFKÜHLPIZZA again too soon. Do you wanna know our secret here? Pre-heat the oven to 50°C (100°F) and put the dough in. Let it rest at another warm place while you pre-heat the oven to 250°C. Like that you don’t have a lot of time to waste. It is so fast and way better than a delivery service.
We decided to make a seasonal topping, meaning figs, meatballs and goat cheese but you can choose whatever you like. A version with 4 different cheeses has been tested by Jana and is said to be delicious.
[columns size="1/2" last="false"]
- 300g flour
- about 200ml of lukewarm water
- 20g fresh yeast
- 1 pinch of olive oil
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- 150g minced beef
- 1 small tin of slices tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella
- goat cheese
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 twigs of thyme
- salt,pepper and sugar
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
[columns size="1/2" last="true"]
- Take a bowl and mix flour, salt, grated yeast, olive oil and 3/4 of the water. If it is not enough water, just add some. Now knead it with your hands for about 2 minutes until you get a smooth dough. Cover it with a cloth and put it in the oven for 15 minutes at 50°C (100°F).
- In the meantime you can prepare the rest. Blend the tomatoes with salt, sugar and pepper and put them aside. Crush the fennel seeds and add them with some salt and pepper to the minced beef. Knead it and form tiny balls, which you can fry right away and put aside as well.
- Let the dough rest another 10 minutes covered at a warm place. Increase the heat in the oven to 250°C (500°F) and cut the fig.
- Roll out the dough, add tomato sauce and mozzarella and put it in the oven fir 3-5 minutes ( you can use a stone but a baking tray is fine as well). As soon as you take it out, add the meatballs and figs, crumble some goat cheese on top with some thyme and drip some balsamic vinegar and honey.
Don’t worry, the fig won’t be cold since the pizza is hot enough to heat everything up.