As some of you might have heard, last week we cooked some #synchronlasagnen with other Bloggers and readers. Someone might thing this is nuts and I get it, because until 6 months ago I didn’t know what this is either. The most important detail is that everyone cooks at home. You don’t have to meet so you can be cozy at home 🙂 You just choose the same dish and the same day and that’s it. You have to choose a # which was #synchronlasagnen this time and every one posts his updates on Instagram, which is just cool. You can get ideas and see how far the others already got and this time we even had bloggers on 2 different continents who participated. There is so much room for creativity, it is just fabulous:)
We decided to make a real italian lasagna, with ragout instead of mince. And of course, we added some Béchamel sauce in case it doesn’t have too many calories for you 😀 Some dishes just have to be that way.
[columns size="1/2" last="false"]
- 250g stewing steak (whatever you get)
- 250 stewing steak from pork
- 2 fresh sausages
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150ml redwine
- 1pck basil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 500ml sliced tomatoes (tin in fine)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- cheddar an parmesan
- 300ml milk
[columns size="1/2" last="true"]
- Put the roaster on the stove and roast the meat as well as the inside of the sausage (without the skin). But don't put too much meat into the roaster, because it looses water and becomes dry. Just split it up into 2 or 3 portions. If it's ready, get it out, put it aside and add the garlic, tomato puree and the onion to the roaster. As soon as the onions are translucent, pour the Redwine (and drink a glass, that's important, too 😀 ) and let it reduce about 70%. Now add the tomatoes and the meat.
- Let it cook about 4 hours at minimum heat. After that you should be able to divide the meat with a fork only. That's what you should do now to all the big pieces. Remove the bones and fat that's left, add basil, salt and pepper and put everything back in the roaster.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F) and put a small pot on the stove. Put the butter in the pot and let it melt carefully. Add flour, but stir the whole time, otherwise it burns. Now add milk and stir until you have a smooth sauce, Don't leave any lumps. When it is smooth, you can add lemonjuice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Now, put some olive oil in the ovenproof dish and add the first layer of Lasagna. Then, add some ragout, Béchamel sauce, Lasagna, ragout, sauce.......On top of everything comes the great cheddar.
- Put the Lasagna in the oven and as soon as the lasagna is ready, add the parmesan, put it back into the oven and put it on grill. Just for a few minutes, but I can tell you, it makes a hell of a difference.