Yay, we finally managed to get a new category on the blog: Drinks.
We already got 2 Drinks there, a Bellini and a nectarine Schnaps but now we wanna try some cocktails. We love to drink cocktails but you know sometimes you don’t like the rum or there is too much or too little alcohol in it so we decided we might try to create some of our own cocktails. And this is what we wanna start with:Rhubarb Vodka Cocktail with Rosemary.
The weather here is really nice and so we thought a rosé cocktail fits very well. Actually we wanted to make a blood orange cocktail with rosemary but you don’t really get them here anymore so we decided that rhubarb is way better. If you follow us on Instagram you might have seen the pictures we already took, but hey, that’s just how it is. Did it all over again and we gotta say, we even like the rhubarb cocktail better than the original version because it feels more like spring or even summer.
When it is really summer you can use strawberries as well, but the ones you can get now are from Spain and not only am I allergic but they don’t even taste as good as those you can buy at the farm next door ( or at least quite close to you). So we restricted this cocktail to Vodka, rhubarb and rosemary. But it doesn’t even need more.
We used the long drink glasses of the Perfect Serve Collection from Spiegelau. We had 4 small longdrink glasses and one huge mixing glass which was perfect for our cocktail. Now we feel like some tiny barkeepers and hope that we will create even more Cocktails for you.
What you need for 4 Rhubarb Vodka Cocktails with Rosemary:
- 500g rhubarb
- 330g sugar
- 180ml water
- 16 cl Vodka (or 4×4 cl)
- 16 cl rhubarb-rosemary syrup
- 180 ml Bitter Lemon
- ice cubes
How to prepare the Rhubarb Vodka Cocktails with Rosemary:
- First peel off the skin of the rhubarb and cut it into small pieces. Put it in a pot with the sugar and the water and 1-2 twigs of rosemary. Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Let it all cool down and sieve it afterwards because you don’t wanna have all that thick stuff in your cocktail, right?
- When it is cool enough, take a high container and add the Vodka, the syrup and then add some bitter lemon and stir it gently.
- We used 4-5 ice cubes per glass(depending on how large they are) and poured the Cocktail over it. Just take some rosemary to garnish it and that is it.