Do you know these dishes that are great everytime? they make you happy and it’s fun preparing them. Risotto is such a dish for us, you basically just have to stir and pour broth or wine (both in the risotto and the glass 😉 ) While stirring you can have nice conversations with your partner, sing along or rap along if you are skilled or even try to wash the dishes with one hand. Doesn’t work that well, I tried it and failed 😀
One of the reasons I love cooking is that Jana and I can have really nice conversations while preparing. We talk about our day or make jokes that are really funny, you know 😉 Usually I cook AND listen to Jana which is the prove for men to be able to do 2 things at the same time.
As a side dish for the risotto we chose veggie balls. Of course, we eat meat and like it but you know sometimes veggie is just the better solution 🙂 The veggie balls are tasty and as soon as they are in the oven you don’t have to do a lot.
Why do you like to cook? Or do you just read blogs out of boredom 😀 ?
[columns size="1/2" last="false"]
- 150g risotto-rice
- 500ml veggie broth
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 50g Parmesan
- 150ml white wine ( and some for you to drink)
- salt an pepper
- 120g lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- bread Crumbs
- 3 mushrooms
- 8 cocktail Tomatoes
- fresh herbs
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
[columns size="1/2" last="true"]
- Cook the lentils in a pot until they are soft. In the meantime chop the vegetables and heat it up in a pan (not the herbs and just 1 clove of garlic). Start with the carrots and add some water to fasten it. As soon as the vegetables are soft, add the cream cheese and a few herbs (but make sure to keep enough for the pesto), salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Fill it in a high container and mix it. Add the lentils, egg and breadcrumbs and knead it. Add just as much breadcrumbs to form small balls.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and pour some oil into a ovenproof dish. It should cover the ground. Now form the balls and place them in the dish. Let them rest there until the oven is ready. Now put them in the oven and turn them a few times. They need about 20 minutes. Now puree the herbs with a clove of garlic, 100 ml olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Now it's time for the risotto. Chop the onions and the garlic and put it in a pot with some oil at medium heat. Add the risotto rice and dilute with white wine. Let it reduce 70% and then add some broth again and again. Now just stir and add broth, that's it, until the rice is done and the risotto has the typical risotto consistency (in german it's called schlotzig but I couldn't find an english equivalent). In the end, season it with salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest and grate Parmesan over the Risotto.
We’re done with this week and hope you have a nice weekend. Have a great time and eat something great.