Christmas is the time for sweets, isn’t it? Sweets are everywhere…chocolate, cookies, desserts wherever one looks. This week we got some ideas for you so that you get the sugar rush you need 🙂
We got 3 ideas for you to increase your sugar level during Christmas time. We start with some self-made chocolate. It is just super easy and a really great gift. It is not expensive but personal and almost everyone likes chocolate, right? You can top it with whatever you like and the people you wanna give it to like. We made a whole baking tray to give it to our families and friends.
There is only one thing to keep in mind: Take your time melting the chocolate. If the water is too hot, or even boiling, that is really bad. Take 5 minutes longer and make sure you melt the chocolate slowly. That’s about it.
If you wanna have separated dots of chocolate, just take a spoon full of chocolate, let it drop on the parchment and top it as you like. You could even put a wooden stick in so that you get a chocolate-lolly.
What you need for 1 baking tray of self-made chocolate:
- 1 kg chocolate (we used 400g dark chocolate, 200g whole milk and 400g white)
- sweets as topping like smarties, nuts, cookies, marshmallows or whatever
- 1-2 tsp Spekulatius spice
How to prepare the self-made chocolate
- Melt the 3 different kinds of chocolate in water baths or in the microwave and put some baking parchment into the baking tray.
- To get a straight line we used some baking parchment and let the dark chocolate in first and separated it from the rest of tray with the parchment, then the whole milk and last the white one. That is quite easy.
- Then use a wooden stick to design the chocolate and top it with the sweets you like. Now let it cool down completely and use a warm knife to cut it in pieces. Put it in small bags and you got a pretty nice gift.
Ain’t that a super easy but tasty little gift? Our families and friends were quite happy and almost everyone likes chocolate, right?