Today we don’t have a cake packed with calories for you…
Just kidding. It was actually supposed to become a usual classic tarte au chocolat. But then Lars happened. He wanted to add caramel and of course nuts. Ok, I guess that makes it a Snickers-tarte as we like to call it. We spent last weekend with my aunt and uncle at the lower rhine and this was the perfect opportunity to bake, so we don’t have to eat everything on our own as usual 😀 We got the idea from Lena who did it after a Rachel Khoo recipe. We just changed it a bit.
So this is the recipe:
- 120g soft butter
- 60g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolk
- 180g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g chcolate (we used dark chocolate)
- 200g creme fraiche
- 50ml milk
- 200g sugar
- 100ml cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- ca 50-100g chopped nuts
- Mix butter, sugar and salt and add the yolks one after the other. Add the flour and mix until you have a nice shortcrust dough. Form a ball and put it in cling film and in the fridge for about 1 hour. In the meantime you could clean the house, read a book, drink a coffee or look for the things you need for the rest 😉 but don’t forget to preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- When you roll out the shortcrust it should fit a 24 cm Tarte-form. Stick the fork into the dough a few times, add baking parchment and put some pulse on top of it. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. After that it definitely has to cool down.
- Let the sugar melt in a pot and let it become brown. Add the cream and stir so that the upcoming bubbles disappear. It is just important that it doesn’t burn. In the end just add a bit of salt if you like and pour it over the cake. You gotta decide how much you like, Lars loved it but I think a bit less would have been perfect.
- Now you should either chop the nuts or just spread them on the cake.
Preparation Chocolate mousse:
- Chop the chocolate and put it in a pot or bain–marie with milk and creme fraîche and let it melt away 🙂 If the caramel is hard enough, you can add the chocolate mousse and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Well, it’s not too hard, such a Snickers–Tarte, is it?