Those things I’m gonna show you today are just great. I could eat them every day, but I’d look like a sumo wrestler in no time 😀 I kind of don’t want this to happen. Those dim sum things I got today are not steamed but fried because we don’t like the consistency. It’s so mushy. But when we fry them they are just gorgeous. Crispy from the outside and soft from the inside.
The translation for dim sum means something like ‘small things, made with love’ and I think they taste just like that. In japan they eat them for breakfast or tea but we like them with some side dish like rice for dinner. Usually, we don’t eat a warm lunch, because most of the time we are at university or working so we have a warm dinner together.
You can fill them with whatever you like. Meat, veggies, fish or even sweet. We made 2 versions today, one with beef and one with veggies only. And we made a sauce that adds some buzz to it. So why don’t you already start cooking?;)
The list of ingredients looks at more more than it actually is. Many of them are to be found several times.
[columns size="1/2" last="false"]
- 450g flour type 550
- 3 tbsp oil
- pinch of salt
- 250g minced beef
- 1 ginger about a thumb thick
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1 chili
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp soy Sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 pak-choi
- 2 carrots
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp soy Sauce
- salt / pepper
- 3 tbsp sweet chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy Sauce
- coriander if you like it
- 1/2 chili
- 1 spring onion
[columns size="1/2" last="true"]
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika before frying it in a pan from both sides until it is well done. While it cools down, wash the chick peas and put them in the jar.
- Cut the chicken in slices and let it cool down a bit longer because otherwise the salad will not be as fresh as it should.
- Cut the avocado and cucumber, wash the salad and add it to the jar. Then add the chicken, cucumber and avocado.
- Get a high vessel and put in the yoghurt, raspberries, salt, pepper and a bit olive oil. Blend it and taste it in case you have to season it again.
As soon as all the dim sums are ready, I hope you enjoy them,